A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

humbug beetles,

I was up early making bugs....so far this was all pieces of fabric that I had laying around. Sometimes it is good not to clean up stuff right away.

I made two bodies, then they needed some legs.....


I wanted skinny legs, so they were cut at about 3/4's inch.


hmmmm......looks more like a fly smooshed on the windshield. 
I have that other body started. I am thinking that I want little feet, I may try that on the next one.

Julie P.


6 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

I actually think it's a pretty darn cute bug for anyone's starters! Heck, its better than anything bugging me right now! But look what you did, you just taught lots of people how to make legs! Right on and good for you:)

Ann Champion said...

Fabulous! Looks like a bug to me. :)

deborah said...

great bug! Thanks for showing how to make legs!

Amy said...

very cute BUG.. I just gathered my fabrics...I am so behind,one more day of work then 2 off.. we shall see what I can come up with.

Clare said...

Cute!

Kim said...

I see a little beetle there.....
Does a humbug hmmmmmmmm?
does it have a snowy white beard?
does it live only on red and white candy canes?

Happy sewing