A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Amish To Please


Yay for The Liberated Amish Get Together 2012!!

I don't know how Tonya could propose such a fun challenge and expect me to wait until February. I thought I'd fill in time by searching through my scrap bins...I wasn't sure I'd find much to suit but I pulled out a good amount of what I perceive to be Amish colours.


And some darks!!

I flipped through many a book and found my inspiration quilt in one of my favourites- The Quilt Engagement Treasury by Cyril I Nelson and Carter Houck. This quilt, made in the 1890's, is not your typical Amish quilt but that big star called out to me!

so I drew up a plan...
I had my scraps ready to go, my plan all drawn out... of course I had to start sewing!!! and this is where I'm at now.

It's roughly 50 inches square, I've got a space on my walls where I'm planning to hang it. I'm thinking of putting RD ( for Rachaeldaisy) 2012 along the bottom. or Happy Star! I'll see how I feel when I get there. That's the wonky way.


Cheers,
Rachaeldaisy

7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

It's really gorgeous!!!! love your plan, your inspiration, and that Quilt Engagement Treasury book (it really is fabulous). no need to wait, obviously I didn't! woohoo, go, go, go!

antique quilter said...

This is so fun and one of the quilts I WAS thinking about doing!!!!!!!!!

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks great!! I love the dark with all that color.

Lori said...

You didn't waste any time!! It is going to be a fun quilt!

Heidi said...

Wonderful. Love the extra star in the corner !

joe tulips said...

wow, love it so far.

Elaine M said...

Eye candy with all the red and dark pink against the black. Fun!