A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Amish String Quilt - An Update


I've been stitching pink strings . . .



And I've been stitching purple strings . . . 

The goal?

Ten 20-inch-long strata for my liberated Amish strings quilt.
(click here to see my 'inspiration' post)

The pinks/purples form the first of two color groups ~
the alternate set (greens and golds) will be ready for photos soon.



Here you can see where I used some of those liberated HSTs.

I love the dynamic use of triangles in so many of the Amish quilts ~
hence a liberated arrangement of HSTs as the center rows in my strata.


* * *

Come on over to my main blog to see how these look trimmed into blocks!



Quiltdivajulie

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love the yellow and green triangles mixed in with the strings. It's an unexpected combo that makes it fun!