A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Liberated and Loving It

I finally finished the quilt I started last year in a class with Gwen Marston on Liberated Log Cabins.

Lib Logs (and Prosper)
31.5 inches square

This was so fun to make, and I love the way it came out.  I had a few blocks from the class and made more.  Then I saw that Gwen was coming out with a new book on Liberated Medallion quilts, so I decided to put the blocks into a medallion setting.  Well, a liberated medallion, as it's not really symmetrical. I was truly improvisational on this quilt, and I can't wait to do more!

To see more, go to my blog.  

Happy quilting!

15 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Gorgeous quilt!!!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo! love the colors and polka dots especially. great quilt!

deborah said...

a fun quilt! Love the medallion style!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Absolutely stunning, such beautiful colours.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Sharon it's beautiful! I love your plaids in their! and the big DOTS!

Jennifer D said...

Gorgeous! I love the bunting edge.

Mary Keasler said...

love the blues.

Diane said...

The blue and the green are really doing it for me! YUM.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous colours ! And shapes,of course :-)

Pattilou said...

Really like the two different borders. Love, love the lime and turquoise!

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely and modern!

Sharon said...

Thank you everyone for your wondeful comments! You have made my week!

meli B said...

Fabulous quilt. Your colours are so happy and the crazy border works so well with it. You must have loved being able to do that class..

sarah said...

I L O V E this quilt! It is stunning! I am a huge Gwen Marston fan, too...WOW, so cool!

electricdunce said...

This is such a beautiful quilt, the colors, the wonkyness, the teeth, just fabulous.

Karin